Kitchen Safety Tip #1: Beware Of Grease Fire (Fire Caused By Oil )
“Never put oil on the fire and walk away, monitor it; if over heated, it could lead to fire outbreak.”
What you should know on Fire Outbreak Caused by Oil:
Fire caused by oil is referred to as grease fire, it occurs when oil reaches a particular temperature under heat. This depends on the type of oil used, every oil has a point of causing fire (flashpoint), according to culinarylore.com fire outbreak will automatically occour when the temperature of any oil reaches 400-435 degree Celsius (750 – 815 degree Fahrenheit).
How to Quench Grease Fire (Fire Caused by Oil)
- Use a dry powder, foam or carbon dioxide fire extinguisher, immediately.
- Try to turn off the fuel source immediately (stove, gas cooker or any cooking device used).
- If the fire has gone round the kitchen; close the doors and windows as you quench, this will reduce breeze or oxygen that spreads the fire, also ensure your fans are off.
- Be! sensitive!, once you notice the fire getting out of control, call the fire service, call neighbours to assist, never wait till it gets out of hand before doing this.
WARNING!: Never use water to quench a grease fire, it will worsen it
Remember this for Your Safety
Cooking is an activity that requires your total attension, a little diversion can lead to great disaster (not our portion, In Jesus name), hence we should be alert.
🙂 Thanks for reading, remember to share this kitchen safety tip, don’t miss the next tip; follow https://nahfood.wordpress.com news feed, subscribe or simply add the link to your bookmark.
- This post contains some konga affiliate links, when you order products with them, I get rewarded, at no additional cost to you, thanks for your support.
I also Recommend AFO Fire Extinguishing Ball; for quenching fire easily, just a throw into the fire quenches all traces immediately.