I pray for you;
The LORD shall supply all your needs, according to his riches in glory through christ Jesus. You will not lack, God shall put food on your table, you will not go hungry in Jesus name.
As you continue to trust God, He will never fail you. Your source of income shall blossom, men and women will celebrate God in you. Remain Blessed.
🙂 Claim it with your Amen!
A. Jollof Rice, Moimoin, Salad and Roasted Chicken.
B. Pounded Yam, Egusi Soup with beef, Stock Fish and Cow Leg
C. Ham-burger, Meat Pie, Sausage Roll, Scotch Egg with a Chilled Fruit Drink.
D. Toasted Bread with Fried egg and a milky tea.
🙂 JUST PICK ONE.
- Most links on this post leads you to a sales page (affiliated to konga.com), I will get a commission if you order any of the products, thanks for your support.
I sincerely apologise for not fulfilling the promises I made in my last post, promised to publish 4 special posts;
- 5 Ways To Maintain Your Blender
- My Cookery Book: How I Cook Jollof Rice
- Product of The Day: Onion Slicer
- How to Handle the Rainy Season.
Please expect these posts soon .
Good Morning ma/sir,
Please watchout for the following posts today;
5 Ways to Maintain your Blender
My Cookery Book: How I Cook Jollof Rice
Product of the day: Onions Slicer
How to Handle the Rainy Season
NB: This post contains some
affiliate links, if you click on it and make a purchase, I will be granted some commissions. Thanks for your support and have a blessed day.
Kitchen Safety Tip #1: Beware Of Grease Fire (Fire Caused By Oil )
“Never put oil on the fire and walk away, monitor it; if over heated, it could lead to fire outbreak.”
What you should know on Fire Outbreak Caused by Oil:
Fire caused by oil is referred to as grease fire, it occurs when oil reaches a particular temperature under heat. This depends on the type of oil used, every oil has a point of causing fire (flashpoint), according to culinarylore.com fire outbreak will automatically occour when the temperature of any oil reaches 400-435 degree Celsius (750 – 815 degree Fahrenheit).
How to Quench Grease Fire (Fire Caused by Oil)
- Use a dry powder, foam or carbon dioxide fire extinguisher, immediately.
- Try to turn off the fuel source immediately (stove, gas cooker or any cooking device used).
- If the fire has gone round the kitchen; close the doors and windows as you quench, this will reduce breeze or oxygen that spreads the fire, also ensure your fans are off.
- Be! sensitive!, once you notice the fire getting out of control, call the fire service, call neighbours to assist, never wait till it gets out of hand before doing this.
WARNING!: Never use water to quench a grease fire, it will worsen it
Remember this for Your Safety
Cooking is an activity that requires your total attension, a little diversion can lead to great disaster (not our portion, In Jesus name), hence we should be alert.
🙂 Thanks for reading, remember to share this kitchen safety tip, don’t miss the next tip; follow https://nahfood.wordpress.com news feed, subscribe or simply add the link to your bookmark.
- This post contains some konga affiliate links, when you order products with them, I get rewarded, at no additional cost to you, thanks for your support.
I also Recommend AFO Fire Extinguishing Ball; for quenching fire easily, just a throw into the fire quenches all traces immediately.
🙂 I wish you a Happy Sunday, Have a wonderful day! 😉
Introducing My Kitchen Safety Tips Post
🙂 I’m glad to inform you that I’ll be sharing some kitchen safety tips, this is to fulfil part of the promises I made when Launching the blog. All I need in return is; you sharing it with your friends, colleagues and family. Thanks!
Remember this for Safety:
“Safety first, never sacrifice your life or health for any kitchen activity or perishable food.” When I was learning carpentry at my school’s (Lagos State Polytechnic) entrepreneusship centre, Mr Felix (the instructor) always yelled at me, “Paul! Paul! Safety! first!,” by then I had already struck the hammer or used the saw on my fingers, ouch! 😀 , he taught us various methods of observing safety. Safety is very important in every field
Note on the First Kitchen Safety Tip :
The first kitchen safety tip comes up shortly, watch out, remember to share and comment on it, thanks! 🙂
Good Morning to You!
It’s morning in Nigeria, I can feel the cool breeze, the sky is gradually becoming bright.
Hope you had a great night.
HE IS OUR PROVIDER, GLORY BE TO GOD FOR THE DAWN OF A NEW DAY, AMEN
😦 “Kitchen work is more stressful, when you have no one assisting you.“
“We all have our own style of cooking.”
“All the Labour of man is for his mouth, and yet his appetite is not filled.”
Ecclesiastes 6:7 KJV
“All the work wey man dey do, na for in mouth, but in bele no dey full”
. . .Please share. . .
Having a good weight is part of your health status, because it shows the level of care you have given to your body. If you spend the whole day under stress, eat a wrong diet or fall ill frequently, you might end up loosing a whole lot of weight.
Some ways in which you can get fat or add more weight
1. Set a Plan
You might ask, What’s the plan for? In everything you wish to achieve, you need a plan, and adding weight, or getting fat is not left out. Check your present weight and set a goal, this helps you determine the level of progress made.
2. Increase the number of times you eat
To get fat, you have to eat well, 3 times a day meal might not be a enough, try increasing to 4 or 5 times, according to Livestrong.com weight gain is all about consuming more calories than you burn for energy, which makes your body to store the excess as body fat. Livestrong also stated that the best foods for weight gain are calorie dense, meaning, they contain a relatively large number of calories with little bulk; nut, peanut butter, whole wheat, thick beans soup, avocado, sardines, soya beans, fish and dairy product like cheese fall under this category, because dairy and meats are high in saturated fat, which can cause heart disease, you should choose a low fat version. You need fruits and vegetables for good nutrition, though they do not have much calories, bananas, pineapples, potatoes and corn have a good level of calorie for your body.
3. Avoid Stress and Energy Sapping Activities
Stress mainly affects the mind, managing issues that causes this can help you add weight, how? Your mind and brain works together, if you’re not mentally settled and disturbed by situations around, this will tell on your weight. Energy sapping activities like lifting or moving heavy objects, and trecking long distances can reduce your weight, hence try to avoid it.
4. Get Adequate Sleep
Sleeping helps your nerves to relax, this reduces stress and helps you add more weight. have you ever checked the mirror after a 3 hours afternoon nap? You need a good sleep to add more weight.
5. Avoid getting frequently Ill
When you get ill, your body loses weight, especially when you keep throwing up or stooling. Most illness causes loss of appetite and this will deprive you of food that will add to your weight.
NB. Please note:
The tips stated above are experience I’ve personally encountered, coupled with some little online research, if your doctor has given you directions on your diet, meals you should and shouldn’t take; Please ensure you stick to it. It is also advisable that you seek a doctors go ahead, before embarking on a weight adding scheme. As you add more weight try to balance it up with some fitness exercise, this helps your body to make good use of the fat gain.
🙂 Stay Healthy
Thanks For reading.
- Now, the big snake dey konikoni pass any big animal wey get four leg inside field, wey God make. In tell the woman, yes, Shey God don talk say, make you no chop for all the trees wey dey inside garden?
- The woman con answer the snake; ‘we fit chop for the fruit way dey inside the garden.
- But the one wey dey for the centre of the garden, God don talk, “make you no chop am o, no even take hand touch am, make you no go kpeme.
- The big snake con tell the woman, “you no go kpeme.
- God sef know say the day wey you go chop inside, na that time your eyes go clear, you go con be like gods, you go sabi beta and things wey no good.
- When she con see say the tree beta for chop, e dey shine for eyes and fit make pesin get sense. She take am chop, give her husband and in sef chop am.
- Their eyes con clear, den con sabi, say na ordinary body without clothe dem dey carry waka; den use fig-leaf: leaf wey big, take do clothe wey go cover the front of their body.
- Den con hear God voice, In dey waka inside the Garden, as everywhere cooleh; Adam and in wife con hide inside tree, for the garden, make God no see dem.
- God con call Adam, Adam, where you dey?
- Adam con answer, “I hear your voice for inside garden, fear catch me, because I no wear clothe, I con hide
- God talk, “who tell you say you no wear clothe? You don chop inside that tree, the one wey I say make you no chop?
- The man answer God, “na the woman wey you give me o, she give me fruit from the tree, I con chop am.
- God con talk to the woman, “wetin be this wey you don do? She con say, “na the snake o, in play me wayo (kuni kuni), I con chop am.
- God con tell the big snake; because of this thing wey you do; your curse go pass malu and all the big animals wey dey field own, na your bele you go take dey waka and na dust you go dey chop till you kpeme.
- I go make you hate the woman, she sef go hate you, her pikin go wound your head and you go wound in leg for back.
- Woman; ” I go increase the things wey no dey make you happy, and when you won born; when you dey born pikin, you no go happy, wetin you want go dey with your husband, and in go control you.
- God con tell Adam, “because you don answer your wife, chop that fruit, wey I say make una no chop; the ground don collect curse because of you, you no go happy as you dey chop from am, till you kpeme.”
- Na chu-ku-chu-ku tree the ground go dey bring for you. Na the leaves wey dey the field, you go chop
- “Na sweat you go dey sweat as you dey chop bread, till you kpeme. na inside ground I make you, na dust you be, and na dust you go take go back.
- Adam con call in wife, “Eve”, because na she be the mama of all the things wey get life.
- God con do clothe for Adam and in wife
- God con talk say, “see, man don be like us, in don sabi beta and thngs wey no good. Make in no go chop that tree of life again o, because if in chop am, in no go kpeme again again.
- God con pursue am commot for garden of Eden, make in go farm from the ground wey God take make am.
- God pursue the man: In come put cherubims for the eastside of the garden, and sword wey get fire, make anybody no fit enter where the tree of life dey. 🙂
🙂 I hope you’re getting set for the Pidgin English translation of Genesis 3:1-24 (the fall of man), tell your friends about it because it’s gonna be great. I’ll be giving you another insight to the chapter, verse 17.
-God had declared serveral consequences and curses upon the Big snake (the serpent) and the woman, it was Adam’s turn.
GENESIS 3:17 (PIDGIN ENGLISH TRANSLATION)
God con tell Adam, “because you don answer your wife, chop that fruit wey I say make una no chop; the ground don collect curse because of you, you no go happy as you dey chop am, till you kpeme.”
It’s 1hr+09mins to go, call your friends and family, read the the Full Translation together and drop your thoughts about it. #SHALOM 🙂
🙂 Good morning to you! (it’s morning in Nigeria)
-After Adam had confessed, how he hid himself when he heard the voice of God.
GENESIS 3:11: God talk, “who tell you say clothe no dey your body? you don chop inside that tree, wey I talk say make you no chop?”
Thanks for reading, do have a pleasant and miracle filled sunday, in Jesus name.
🙂 Remember: TODAY BY 4PM GMT; The full Pidgin English translation of Genesis 3. Please share with your friends and don’t miss it.
Watch out for Nahfood.wordpress.com Sunday Special Post
- The Pidgin Translation of Genesis 3: 1-24 (The Fall of Man)
The Action Point: Genesis 3:6
“When she con see say the tree beta for chop, e dey shine for eyes and fit make pesin get sense. She take am chop, give her husband too, in sef chop am“
I pray for you, anything wey go destroy your life for ever, you no go chop am, in Jesus name. AMEN
ABEG, no miss my sunday special post. ABEG!, Title: THE PIDGIN ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF GENESIS 3: 1-24 (The fall of man) Time na: 4PM GMT, 23/04/2017
PLEASE DON’T MISS IT
One evening, I ate too much, my stomach became Over filled.
Hey!, what have I done to my self? I couldn’t stand, sitting was like someone placed an heavy ball in my stomach, what do I do? There was a program in church in church and I’m part of the choresters, hmm, how do I face the congregation? 😀 plzzzzzzzzzz Help!
Beyond the Joke
🙂 My people, may we shop moderately oo, No gain in gluttony and it makes you spiritually and mentally weak, Hence eat moderately, you hear?
Oya share am with your friends, but tell them not to laugh too much o, you hear. 🙂
Almost everyone likes breakfast, especially those that can not endure the over night deprivation of food.
Breakfast is a self explanatory word; break the fast – “BreakFast,” keep away from food (fast) and eat after a period of time (break).
“Almost everyone likes breakfast, especially those that can not endure the over night deprivation of food.”
Food experts and nutritionists term Breakfast as the food eaten in the morning, Lunch – Afternoon and Dinner or Supper for night meals.
The type of meals we eat for breakfast is important, a well known food quote states that, “We are what we eat,” If we eat a wrong meal, it will definitely have a negative impact on our health for that day. A man that consumes Eba and Egusi soup as breakfast can not have a similar mental ability with one who ate Bread and Tea or even Rice and Stew.
“If we eat a wrong meal, it will definitely have a negative impact on our health for that day.”
Below are some local Food wey good for break fast
(Some local food good for breakfast)
majorly Nigerian foods
- Rice and Stew
- Rice and Beans
- Rice and Vegetable
- Rice and fried Plantain
- Rice and Salad
Hence Rice is Good for Break fast
- Bread and Tea
- Bread and Stew
- Bread and Egg
- Bread and Beans
- Bread and Pap
- Custard with milk and bread or biscuit
- Oat meal with milk
A man that consumes Eba and Egusi soup as break fast can not have a similar mental ability with one who ate Bread and Tea or even Rice and Stew.
Bread is a good breakfast as well
Beans is a healthy choice as well.
According to http://www.Authoritynutrition.com
“BREAKFAST HAS THE POTENTIAL TO SET YOU UP FOR A DAY OF GREAT ENERGY LEVELS, STABLE BLOOD SUGAR AND CONTROL OVER YOUR APPETITE AND WEIGHT.”
“ON THE OTHER HAND, MAKING A POOR CHOICE AT BREAKFAST CAN LEAVE YOU HUNGRY AND STRUGGLING TO GET THROUGH THE REST OF THE DAY.”
IT CAN ALSO INCREASE YOUR RISK OF DEVELOPING HEALTH PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE.”
“IF YOU’RE GOING TO EAT BREAKFAST, MAKE IT ONE THAT CONTAINS PROTEIN, HEALTHY FAT AND FIBER FROM UNPROCESSED WHOLE FOODS.”
Thanks for taking your time to read this post, I believe you have gained from it, please ensure you share the post with your friends, thanks!
After writing this post I searched through konga.com (Nigeria’s leading online store) for some food Items you can order for breakfast since I’m an affiliate marketer with the store, (about 649 different products), please click here to check them out. To make it easy for you, I will try to upload them (the breakfast items) in the shopping page on this blog.
🙂 How was your experience on the first day you tried cooking?
Trying things for the first time can be very tough at times, especially when it deals with an activity that consists of several steps like cooking.
🙂 I tried my little Sis. (Esther) Yesterday (night), I say make she cook noodles (4pcs) for us to chop, 😀 she surprise.
Almost 30mins gone and noodles never still done 😀 , “Esther! What’s up? Your noodles never done?”, I said.
“Trying things for the first time can be very tough at times, especially when it deals with an activity that consists of several steps like cooking.”
“I’m waiting for the water to get dried”, she replied. In between the cooking, she had come to me asking; “Bro. Paul, please can I add the seasoning immediately?”, hmm. . . 😀 “I don’t know, you’re the one in charge, cook it in your style, anyhow it comes out we shall eat”, I replied. I detailed her not to make it dry because the noodles soupy style was one of my favorites.
At last Esther was through.
The noodles was ready, I had a taste, dished it and we ate.
My Verdicts on Esther’s first independent cooking (without supervision):
The noodles was;
- cooked not half done
- dry; against my soupy style demand
- having a nice taste but almost over seasoned (almost).
- almost over cooked (quite soft)
She gave a good try and 🙂 I rated her 52%
Weldone! Esthy, you can do better, I know, Yes! You! Can! 😉
The Bottom Line:
There’s a saying I emulate, “Practice makes perfect”, the more we do things, the better we become at it; our first trial might not be perfect but when the practice continues we can work towards perfection by learning from others, our errors and improving our performance.
“The more we do things, the better we become at it
In the comment box below you can drop your own first experience of cooking (how it went; please make it short), I’ll drop mine (personal) as well; watch out for it, really amusing and interesting, some how worse than my sister’s. 😀
“Our first trial might not be perfect but when the practice continues we can work towards perfection by learning from others, our errors and improving our performance.
Thanks for reading